LASeR is defined as MPEG-4 part 20 by the ISO/IEC/JTC1/SC29/WG11.The LASeR call for proposal was finalized in March 2004. More than 20 companies showed interest and are now involved in the LASeR specifications
LASeR has reached the stage of Final Draft International Standard stage in October 2005 and the First amendment aiming at providing an enriched profile of LASeR is ongoing.
.LASeR 1st Amendment
The goal of the 1st amendment is to:
- Finalised the aligment with SVGT1.2 which specification is near to be release
- Include technologies that where under considerations, such as:
- New extensions for widely used functionality such as Text scrolling (without script)
- Streamsouce: mean to fast switch between to AV stream
- Streaming event
- define a code point allowing multiple encoding
- Extend SAF support to large packets
- Define some profiles
The First amendment will be finalised by June 2007.